Minnesota State law prohibits putting yard waste into your garbage.
Be sure to review the complete recycling basics list so you know what you can and cannot put in the recycling container.
- Pop and beer cans—empty & dry. Pie pans/trays—clean & dry
- NO burnt or dirty cans or pans/trays
- Empty & clean. No need to remove labels. Top & bottom lids are NO screw-on lids, aerosol cans, paint cans acceptable.
GLASS BOTTLES & JARS FROM FOOD AND BEVERAGES:
- Unbroken clear, brown or green. Empty & clean. Remove & discard caps/lids. No need to remove labels.
- NO light bulbs, mirrors, window glass, dishes, drinking glasses,coffee cups/mugs, vases, ceramics, etc.
- Plastic bottles/jugs/containers with 1, 2, 3, 5 or 7 inside the recycling symbol. Empty/clean. No need to remove labels.
- NO plastic containers without acceptable symbol & number; ‘clamshell’ containers, e.g. from salads, sandwiches, cookies, etc.; hoses/pipes; toys; plastic silverware.
- NO plastic bags/wrap. NO Styrofoam peanuts, packing material, cups, plates, etc..
- NO containers or plastic tubing used for medical purposes or that contained regulated or hazardous materials.
CARTONS & JUICE BOXES:
- Please empty out all liquid, remove caps or straws, and do not crush.
NEWSPAPER & HOME/OFFICE PAPER:
- Clean/dry. Examples of acceptable items: Newsprint, magazines & catalogs, computer/copy paper, junk mail, stationery, envelopes (no plastic envelopes).
- NO wet/greasy/dirty paper items, carbon paper, food wrappers, waxed paper, rubber bands, paper clips, plastic/metal bindings, Tyvek envelopes, etc.
CARDBOARD & Paper Grocery Bags:
- Break down & flatten cardboard boxes.
- NO GREASY/DIRTY CARDBOARD BOXES NO GREASY/DIRTY PAPER BAGS
- Examples: cereal, macaroni, cracker, cake mix boxes, pop/beer cartons. Remove & discard any liners, cellophane, plastic or any metal edges. Flatten package. Pizza delivery boxes are acceptable but please make sure to remove any food, liners, etc.
- NO waxed paper packaging such as ice cream cartons,margarine boxes, and frozen pizza cartons.
Please DO NOT place recyclables in plastic bags before putting them in recycling carts/containers at drop-off locations.
Thanks for your cooperation!